Ever since Covid-19 turned our lives upside down, we’ve been hearing a lot about Maskne, a term coined to identify mask acne, a skin disorder generated by a number of factors: constant friction, moisture from breathing, and overgrowth of bacteria and/or yeast. The safety device, by covering a large part of the face, prevents the skin from breathing and this occlusion allows dirt and sebum to accumulate and penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. In particular, when speaking and breathing with the mask on, a considerable amount of moisture accumulates between the mouth and the protective layers of the device, the concentrated heat alters the pH and promotes the appearance of irritation, redness, cracking.
Our Beauty Experts recommend a daily skin care routine that focuses on the use of these products:
- Moisturizing and soothing cleansing milk
- Skin pH Optimizer Toner
- Akn gel to be applied in the morning, fundamental for its anti-inflammatory action
- Sour cream morning and evening, choice of 1980, vitamin E, Mimosa
Once a week:
- Bio cleansing cream with vegetable enzymes for exfoliation
- Acid soap for cleansing the face
- Eye contour to combat dehydration of the eye area
Cleansing, hydration, pH balancing: small daily gestures for a beauty routine that makes prevention!